Thursday, November 20, 2008

Busy Bee

Wow, could I be any busier? Between being my local NAMI affiliate president, attending With Hope in Mind classes each Thursday, praise choir practice on Wednesdays, going to the gym, going out of town last weekend and this weekend, work, and trying to maintain a household, I’m climbing the walls. But, that’s a good thing. Being busy keeps my mind off of things OCD-related for the most part. I tweaked our In Our Own Voice blog (http://inourownvoice.blogspot.com/) a little today, adding links to NAMI TN, NAMI National, this blog, and EveryMinute.org, a suicide prevention website run by one of my IOOV trainers.

I’ll tell you, sometimes I get a little scared. I’ve heard more than one person talk about their meds losing their effects, and that worries me a little. What if mine stop working, and we have to go through that drudgery of trying different meds and different doses, all the while battling my returning symptoms? *sigh* Well, the good thing is, my husband keeps a close eye on me, asking me if I’m compulsively picking my skin (which he can observe at times) or if I’m having obsessive thoughts as a result of which I have to ritualize. I guess I shouldn’t worry about something that hasn’t happened, huh? It may never happen. I can only hope and pray.

Well, my check engine light came on today in this 2-year-old car that’s being doing just fine. I took it to Auto Zone, and they did a diagnostics test and came up with “catalytic efficiency”, which could be anything from an oxygen sensor to the catalytic converter. Good news and bad news -- good news is that if it IS the catalytic converter, it’s still covered under the 80,000 mile warranty. Bad news -- there are two oxygen sensors, one cheap, one expensive. Let’s guess which one mine will be during the holidays, shall we? Must...think...positively.

0 comments: