Thursday, October 23, 2008

Training the Trainer

I’m so excited, hubby and I are starting the With Hope in Mind classes tonight. It’s a 8-class series geared toward family members and caregivers of those with mental illnesses. Our regional coordinator told me I could participate and then train to be a teacher, but I would have to put on my “family member” hat and teach from the perspective of a family member or caregiver. I was going to get my nails done with my mom tonight, but this is way more important. The next classes isn’t taught until February, and I wouldn’t be able to attend a teacher training until after the WHIM class at our affiliate in March, which -- here’s the good part -- hubby and I will probably teach. Whoopee!!! This is giving me such a sense of self worth. This is great for my recovery AND my self-esteem. Good times all around. :)

1 comments:

SG said...

wow!! that sounds like a great opportunity!!!