Monday, October 6, 2008

Getting involved is awesome!

I gotta start updating this thing more often! Good morning! :) Good NEWS this morning, too! I had gone up in weight a little, but now, I’m starting to lose again. I was so proud of myself yesterday at lunch. Mom and Dad took us and two of their friends out, and they had coconut cream pie. Did I order any? No! I did have two bites of Mom’s chocolate pie, but just two bites. I’m also restraining myself to one tea a day. I got back on my cardio Saturday. I had gone two gym visits without it, because I didn’t have my mp3 player. I can’t do a treadmill without music, I just can’t. So, we did that, some strength training, and the pool.

I am SO excited! I finally heard from NAMI on Friday, and I’m approved for the training next month to be an “In Our Own Voice” presenter. AND, there’s a NAMI workshop next weekend that we’re attending. We get paid mileage for both and hotel for the November workshop. I’m not sure about meals, we’ll need to see. I also talked to our local affiliate facilitator about being on the Board of Directors for our affiliate. She was very excited that I was interested. If I was to become a board member, I would be eligible for paid trainings, woohoo!

***Speaking of getting paid, clicky-clicky on the ads, people! Thank you! ;) I’m up to $10, and as soon as I hit $100, they send me a check!***

Mom and Dad are giving my husband money for his birthday towards a new cell phone. The one he has is pitiful. Ten minutes of talk time, and it dies. It’s the second battery he’s had, too, so we’ve decided it’s the POS phone. He wants one with an mp3 player. He has a special deal with our provider where they waive that goofy fee they charge when you get a new phone. PLUS, I think he gets 50% off a new phone, yippee! Maybe it’s $50...either way...

Back to the grindstone!

0 comments: