This morning, my friends, my scale read 351.8. THAT is a little over five pounds gone, whoop whoop! That’s a big drop from yesterday, like two or three pounds. I am so excited. I was getting ready to tell a co-worker, and she said, “You know, you can tell you’ve lost in your abdomen.” Yeah!!! I think we’ll wait a month to retake our measurements, though. I know five pounds is a drop in the bucket compared to what I need to lose, but it’s a start, and it IS 20 sticks of butter. TWENTY STICKS OF BUTTER! I’m shrinking, and I love it so. As you can probably tell, this has put me in a good mood. I’m not even gonna bitch about the state of our economy, although Steven said I could be “President Sweetie”. I like the sound of that.
Speaking of the economy...our lawmakers obviously aren’t doing their jobs, so here’s my theory. Since they’re not doing what they’re paid for, let’s just take their salaries, bonuses, yada yada yada and start to fix this problem with THAT money. I’m not worried about Wall Street, I’m worried about MY street. And, as petty as it may sound, I’m not worried about world poverty, I’m worried about my family hitting poverty. I know we’re doing OK and all, but when you have to struggle, and for all reasons, you SHOULDN’T be, it’s irritating. Of course, I know that God has blessed us, we could be much worse off, but we’re feeling the crunch, as I’m sure everyone is. C’mon, stupid government, DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!! Oh no, I know, let’s take a couple of days off. I personally think they should’ve worked day and night until something was resolved. Let them earn their six figures. I’m gonna hush now, b/c I’m probably misinformed and ignorant about alot of this stuff. So, I will now step off of my soapbox.
I saw my psych this morning for my routine “How are you doing? Are your meds OK?” appointment, and he said since I was doing well, he’d set my next appt at three months instead of two. He told me about his OCD cat, and I laughed. Poor kitty. It has a ritual...several, actually. I told him about Sydney and her Prozac. It’s sad when our pets need SSRI’s and anti-psychotic drugs, too. I blame it on the economy. ;)
We put off going to the gym last night, because I needed to go to the next town over for a few things. I need to add some more mp3’s to my player. That little thing uses a battery a week! Music makes it go by so much quicker, though, and helps me do a little extra if I’m feelin’ it. I’m excited to go tonight, even though my dear hubby had to scrounge for a pair of clean khakis this morning...oops. And, I did a ton of laundry this weekend, just all the wrong piles, I guess. I washed darks, whites, and towels, but no lights. Ah well, I’ll do it when we get home. I’ll just MAKE myself do it. I’m going to get a haircut at 5:30, yippee!!! I really need to get my nails put back on, but I’ve picked at them so much, I have sore spot on one finger that a nail file could easily cut open. I want to let that heal up a little more before I do that.
Wow, another random, pointless blog entry. I DID request to be put on the Fat Fighters blog list; hence, the little icon in the top right corner of the page. Some of the journals are pretty inspiring. One girl lost half her weight, she was my size or maybe a little bigger. It’s awesome how she did it, and she’s so funny. I think it’s pastagirl.com or something. It’s in their top 10 if you click on that button.
Hasta la vista or something...
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
It's butter, baby!
Posted by Char at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment