Monday, September 22, 2008

Long time, no see...or type...or whatever!

I haven’t blogged in a few days, so I figured I should do a short update. As you know, we joined the gym last Monday. We went on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then, of course, on Thursday, Steven had his colonoscopy and endoscopy prep, and Friday, he was tired and weak. Saturday, we were in Murfreesboro, and yesterday, we didn’t get home ‘til 5:15, and they closed at 6:00. Plus, his C-PAP machine broke while we were in Murfreesboro, so I was trying to connect with his provider to get a replacement part. She acted like she didn’t want to meet us, since it wasn’t “an emergency”, but Steven basically told her this: “If I go to sleep tonight without this machine, and I die, I will make certain you are named personally in the lawsuit.” LOL, my husband. I went in when we got there to fix the machine, and she was really nice. I explained to her he’d had a pretty rough three days or so, and she said she understood. My husband - I LOVE HIM - is a bit clumsy at times...but then again, aren’t we all? We’re going back to the gym tonight, and I’m kind of excited. I missed it Friday night. I...actually...MISSED...the...gym. (Who is this person who's taken over my blog?!)

Miss Courtney’s birthday party was this weekend, and it was so cute. She had a gymnastics party, and there were some other girls there, practicing and such. I swear, some of those little girls had more muscle than I have. I was amazed at the biceps on some of those girls. I told Steven I’d love to have a body that was able to do those flips and things. I’d like to maybe try to learn cartwheels and things after I get this weight off. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to wear shorts like I want to b/c of all the extra skin I’ll have, but we’ll see. If...When I get this weight off, though, I’m having skin removal and a breast lift. I doubt I’d get implants, but definitely a lift.

Mom’s surgery is this Thursday, and she’s worried. The doctor says she’ll be off six to eight weeks, but knowing my mom, she’ll be back to work in two or less, unless she’s really down. Mimi said she’ll feel so much better, though, and a different person. She’s so tired all the time. Speaking of that, I need to start religiously taking my vitamins, especially since I’m working out now. Honestly, it’s not that bad. If I can just make it through my 20 (soon to be 30) minutes on the treadmill, I go on to the machines, which I LOVE, and then the pool. It’s honestly not that bad, especially with Steven there to talk to me. I need to take my mp3 player tonight, though. I think it’s in my laptop bag.

I have to go at lunch and pick up Steven’s Prevacid-wanna-be samples, so he can try those for a week or two. If they work, that’s what the insurance will pay for. If not, we’ll try another one. I *think* this might be a generic one, though, so that WOULD be much cheaper for us. We already pay out about $100/month in prescriptions -- mostly mine. One of mine is $40/month, one’s $20, and one’s $10. One of Steven’s is a 90-day-supply at a time. I wish mine did that. I see my psych next Tuesday, and I think he’ll probably set up my next appt for six months or so, since I’m stable again. The NAMI support group meeting is Thursday. Hopefully we’ll have more people this time. That reminds me, I need to e-mail Miss Theresa and find out who I need to call and remind of snack duty!

Later, taters!

1 comments:

mimi said...

Stop bein so HARD on yourself. We love you for who youare. You are beautiful and always will be.
Keep up the good work and you will success at your goal!!!!
I love you!!!!
mimi