Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday...yuck.

Well, the weekend’s over. *cue sad music* It was too short, as usual, but felt longer than the weekends have been lately. Friday night, we worked out, and I just wasn’t into it, for some reason. My body just wouldn’t do the weight reps right, and I was sooo tired on the treadmill. I DID do 24 minutes, though, just one short of what I wanted to do. Saturday morning, I felt SO bad from my allergies, but I went ahead anyway. We just got in the pool and did some Tae Bo and other exercises for about 30 minutes. We came home, and I crashed on the couch for two hours. Then, we got up and went to buy groceries across the Virginia state line (no tax on food there), and I picked up some cleaning supplies, since we’ve nixed the house cleaners. $90 a month, and seriously, I can do it. I just don’t LIKE to do it. I figure a little vacuuming, a little dusting, and cleaning the bathrooms. I straighten up all the time, so that’s not gonna be a huge deal.

I’m FINALLY starting to lose weight. When we first started working out, I was gaining a little, but now, I figure it was just muscle weight from all the strength training we do. I finally got under the 355 mark by .2 pound yesterday morning, woohoo! This morning, I was the same weight, but fully dressed, so that’s a little more I’ve lost, yippee! I still have my one (every now and then two) Pal’s teas a day, but you know, I can handle Diet Coke or Pepsi or whatever from lunch on. And, usually, I get my teas with extra ice, so there’s not much tea in that 32-ounce cup.

Mimi and Pawpaw are coming up for Steven’s birthday next month, and I’m excited. They haven’t been up in since July, so that will be fun. He needs a phone so badly for his birthday, so I think if Mom and Dad ask us what he wants, that’s what we’re going to tell them - money towards a new phone. He wants one with an mp3 player.

Mom’s doing a lot better the last couple of days with her surgery. She was saying at church yesterday that she felt like she could “go back to work tomorrow.” I told her after church that wasn’t going back “tomorrow, the next day, the day after that, the day after that, or the day after that.” I knew she’s do this. My parents don’t know how to rest, they really don’t.

This blog is supposed to be about weight loss, but I swear, I just write about everything, LOL! Hopefully, it’s at least entertaining. Bye for now!

0 comments: