Friday, September 12, 2008

Stop the insanity!!!

I just went on my morning errands for work, and another lady told me that she’d been told gas was $6.00/gallon across the state line. So, I thought I’d go fill up my car before the madness hit here. Too late! Cars were backed up at the gas station like 2 or 3 to each pump. They were having to DIRECT TRAFFIC! They were out of regular and mid-grade, so I had to get premium. At least it was only $3.78/gallon. $49.00 to fill up my car...wow. At least it’s 4 cylinders, yay! Steven’s car will go for two weeks on a tank, yippee for that, too!

I’ve been pretty good today, except we ordered out for lunch, and well, I ended up having a roast beef sandwich. I only ate half the bread, but still. :( They had no brown bread. *sigh* Ah, well. I’ve got cheese, crackers and apples here, so I’ll be fine. Speaking of, I need to get a few groceries afterwhile. I hope food prices don’t shoot up, too. They probably won’t, since they’d have to reprogram the cash registers each time. I get my B-12 shot today, whoopee! I hope we got off a little earlier than usual today, so I can be sure to be there by 4:30. I also REALLY need to get my nails done, but they’re usually so busy on Fridays. Maybe I’ll go Monday.

Tomorrow is Safari Saturday!!! We’re going to this place between here and Knoxville, and they apparently have animals from all over the world and eat out of a cup in your hand. I’m so excited! Must...not...forget...camera! *note to self*

Sunday, I finally get to meet Jaime’s John, yay! I just hope politics doesn’t come up, b/c Steven is hardcore Obama/anti-McCain, and Jaime said John is hardcore McCain/anti-Obama. I guess people want to spend another four years in this mess. I just want whoever gets in office to bring the troops home (we have no business over there) and lower all these high prices (gas, food, etc.) Maybe we would live comfortably then. Oh, well. At least we have a roof over our head, food for us and the pets, and families that love us...and jobs. I guess that’s all we REALLY need. God said he’d provide your needs, not your wants, right? By the way, I needed a new shift from Fashion Bug this morning. Hey, it was on clearance for $9.99 with FREE SHIPPING! How could I not?!

0 comments: