Well, as if my in-laws' house burning wasn't enough, my dad's been in the hospital. He went in for a colonoscopy on Friday and ended up with a code blue being called on him. He aspirated while he was under (left his dentures in, the big dummy), and I guess he stopped breathing. He also got some of that in his lungs, so he now has a touch of pneumonia in his left lung. He was doing OK Friday night, and Saturday, he was able to eat a Big Mac. Yesterday, he came home, and he hasn't eaten much since. He's also sleeping alot and doesn't really want to talk to anyone. He was doing a little better tonight when I talked to him, and he'd been able to eat something. He said he just has no appetite, which is a secondary symptom effect of pneumonia, along with fatigue.
We also found out today that my mom's best friend's mom died, so sad. I sent her a card from me and my hubby.
We made a wild concoction for dinner tonight. I won't even tell you what we put it in - I STILL can't believe we didn't end up having to call out for pizza. We're wanting to try that new Natural from Pizza Hut with the wheat crust and the tomato sauce with no high fructose corn syrup.
Oh, by the way, our scale here at home said I was 9.8 pounds lighter than the doctor's scale the other day, so who knows. I know there's got to be a difference in the scales, I couldn't have lost 10 pounds in 6 days. BUT, I also know that there couldn't be 10 pounds difference between two scales. (OK, maybe there could, but we're gonna say there couldn't be.) So, at least I've lost a little, woohoo! I'm doing my best to give up sweet tea and try to watch how much and how often and what I eat. I think we're doing pretty good! :)
On the way to the early service at church yesterday, we ended up sliding all over the road...twice...and that was trying to get back home after we figured it was too bad to be out. Thank God we got there OK. We're supposed to get snow again tonight, so it may be bad again in the morning. We'll just have to see.
Monday, January 19, 2009
more drama
Posted by Char at 7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment