Just a little update. I’m still keeping my food log, and man, it will really keep you in line. I’m just glad I’m not counting calories. I got on the scale this morning sans a sweater and pants and weight 4-1/2 pounds less than I did the other day with a sweater and pants. I don’t think a sweater and pants weigh 4-1/2 pounds, SO hopefully, I’ve lost a little bit at least.
I was thinking the other day, I was drinking about three 32 oz. sweet teas every day. Even at only 160 calories each, that’s almost 500 calories in nothing but tea! FIVE HUNDRED CALORIES!!! That’s, like, a Big Mac or a bag of cookies or something. Geez.
I’ve got appointments Monday, Wednesday and the following Monday with the doctor, the nutritionist and the exercise person, respectively. After these initial appointments, I should be able to just go to lunch at 1:15, be there by 1:30 and be out by 2:00, back to the office by 2:15. I hope so. I just asked the big boss, and she said it would be fine. She’s pretty easy on stuff like that.
I have SO much filing to do, it’s insane. OK, it’s not THAT bad, but it looks that bad. There are a couple of stacks of medical records and such that just go in one file all together.
Hubby is going to give his first NAMI informational talk tonight at the local psychiatric hospital with our regional coordinator, and then, she and her husband are taking us to dinner at this Thai place. Eek! I’m not sure I like Thai food, but I’m going to try chicken and shrimp fried rice. Probably not the best choice, but hey, I’m trying here. Last night, I had a bowl of salad before dinner. It consisted of baby spinach, turkey, turkey pepperoni, pecans, 2% shredded cheese and reduced fat ranch dressing. I ate the majority of it, but then didn’t have room for the chicken tacos Hubby had made. I had about 5 cubes of the chicken with my salad, and that was it. I had a little one-serving cup of Weight Watchers ice cream after that. He said it was “OK”, but I think it was pretty good. I may try the cookie dough some other time. And, you just get two one-serving cups in a pack, so there’s not temptation there to eat more. :) He wanted to get a mini Ben & Jerry’s, but I swear, it had like twice the fat and calories. The sugar content was about the same, but you got twice as much WW than B&J. Besides, they only have three flavors in those little mini B&J’s - Cherry Garcia, Chocolate Fudge and Half-Baked Cookie Dough.
Another hour and a half until I get off work...*sigh* I guess I could alphabetize this filing. Fun.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
new update, new layout :)
Posted by Char at 3:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment